about riece

Mother of five.
wife for two decades.
horse girl.
learner.
coach.

The memories of my former life are getting fuzzier now.  

A life where 80% of my brain space was occupied with an ever-growing list of grievances against myself, my kids, my husband, my house, and the world at large (why the hell did my daughter’s fourth grade teacher assign so much homework!?) — and the other 20% was just concerned with keeping us all afloat.

I constantly wondered how much more I could take.

Was it supposed to be this hard?

As awful as that time was, I wouldn’t take it back even if I could. 

Why?
Because that struggle paved the way to more joy, passion, and heart-bursting love than I ever could have imagined.

My kids still fight and often don’t do what I ask the first time I ask it.

My husband still doesn’t always see things the way I do.

My house is still a mess more often than it’s tidy.

From the outside… not much has changed.

but from the inside

this life of mine is almost unrecognizable.

3 shifts that changed absolutely everything

1

Life isn’t supposed to be happy all the time.

Living a full life means experiencing sadness, disappointment, anger, and hurt.  Accepting this truth meant that I could stop adding layers of resistance and shame, which only prolonged negative emotion.

2

Unconditional love is an inside job.

I wanted to show love to my husband and my kids EVEN WHEN they were having a bad day, making less than ideal choices, or falling to pieces.  But when I couldn’t show that kind of compassion to myself, there was no way I could give it to them.

3

You can’t pour from an empty cup.

I told myself that by prioritizing my family above all else, I was being a good wife and mother.  LIES.  I’ve been chasing my dreams for the last few years and while it means less time at home, my family is getting a happier, more excited version of me, who no longer needs them to be a certain way so I can feel good about myself.

It's possible for you, too. Let's chat.

Ready to get started?

Every coaching relationship with me begins with a complimentary exploratory session where we will discuss your goals and struggles, and how coaching may benefit you.  There is absolutely no pressure to sign up, this is simply an opportunity to get to know each other and decide whether working together would be a good fit for each of us.

Want to kickstart your happiness?

Download the 7-Day Mindfulness for Moms Workbook for some practical tools and actionable guidance to start improving your mood today!